A wide area network (WAN) might be used to connect branch offices to a central corporate network, or to connect data centers separated by distance. In the past, these WAN connections ofen used technology that required special proprietary hardware. The SD-WAN movement seeks to move more of the network control is moved into the “cloud,” using a sofware approach.
Understanding What Your Business Needs
Features and Benefits
- Replace high cost MPLS/private bandwidth with low cost internet connections.
- Respond in real time to network performance and route around issues.
- Easy to deploy and maintain.
- MPLS-like performance of real-time and important applications (QOS).
- Application level analytics.